Friday, February 1, 2013

Food 4 Thought Friday


Woohoo! Its Friday, wish it was paycheck Friday, but alas, it is not. *sad face*

Today's Food 4 Thought Friday is inspired by crazy things I see people post on Facebook. Why must we always put ourselves (or others) into certain groups? I see these memes about "All those liberals say or do blah blah blah", "Those crazy conservatives say or do such and such", "All democrats are this, All republicans are that" You get my jest. Are we not individuals? Are we not encouraged to "think outside the box"? Well how in the hell am I supposed to think out side the box, when someone is constantly trying to shove me in one? I mean, I an unique just like everybody else, right?

I find myself offended by all these labels, even the ones that don't apply to me, because they apply to people I know and love. I happen to be liberal in some views, but conservative in others. I have friends and family that are all over the place, politically, religiously and in personal views. I love them all, why can't everybody else love them for them? Why must people post hateful, degrading and mostly untrue about your everyday neighbor?  Live life, love life, love each other!

While you are sharing all that love and possibly some football this weekend, try out my favorite Not-Chew Cheese Dip. (Okay, you should probably chew it, but I like a play on words and phonics, blame my ADD or my mother, isn't the mother always to blame?)

1 smaller block of Velveeta (you can use the Wally brand, it works just as well).
1 can of Ro-tel, the heat you want is up to you. (again, store brand is fine).
1lb of ground beef or ground turkey
1 packet of taco seasoning.
1 bag of tortilla chips or corn chips of your choosing.

Cook your ground beef as directed on the taco seasoning pack. While all that goodness is going in your skillet, cut your cheese product into cubes, approx 1in x1in. Now here is where you can go two different directions and end up with the same result. You can either: A) Dump the can of Ro-tel and the cheese product cubes into a large-ish microwave safe bowl and nuke it for a minute or so, stir and repeat until its all melty. Then add your now finished taco meat. Or B) add the cheese product cubes and Ro-tel to your finished taco meat in the skillet, over low-medium heat stirring until melted and well combined. Then get out your chip and dip platter and enjoy!

Its a little more involved than the ol microwave cheese product and salsa deal, but I can promise you its completely worth it! Its an easy game day favorite at our house.

Don't forget, Live life, love life and dangit, LOVE EACH OTHER!

No comments:

Post a Comment